There are some GREAT events going on this weekend on Long Beach Island for the ghouls and non-ghouls alike:
Friday October 29:
1) Save The Surflight At The Engleside Restaurant & Inn: At 6 pm Surflight Theatre presents a Murder Mystery Dinner show. Tickets for the show are $80 each and overnight stays are $135 per person (double occupancy) which includes dinner, show and a hot breakfast. Please call the Surflight for reservations and details about the overnight package at 609-492-9477 or email brooke@surflight.
2) Bonfire & Storytelling at Barnegat Light State Park: From 6:30-8pm. Storytelling by Robin Moore, bonfire, and singalong. Call 609-494-9196 for more details on this spooky and fun seasonal event.
3) Presentation by John Laurence Busch at the Museum of NJ Maritime History: 7pm. Presenting on his historical nonfiction book “STEAM COFFIN: Captain Moses Rogers and the Steamship Savannah Break the Barrier.” Book will be available for purchase and autographing following the presentation. Admission is free, donations are appreciated. Light refreshments will be provided. Call 609-492-0202 to make reservations (required).
4) Tom Kendzia in Concert with St, Francis Choir: 7pm, St. Francis Parish.
Saturday October 30:
1) Tom Kendiza “Lead Us to the Water:” 9 am. A morning reflection for ministers and those considering the minestry. Light breakfast will follow, as well as a retreat from 10am to 12 noon at St. Francis of Assisi Church. For more information call 609-494-8813, extension 159.
2) Halloween Fun for All Ages: 6-9pm at Bayview Park. Sponsored by the LBI Business Alliance. Enjoy Halloween Laser Tag, Bounce House, a boardwalk parade, and more. Costumes are optional but fun is mandatory! $5 for unlimited bounce access and $3 per laser tag game. No tricks, just treats!
Saturday and Sunday October 30 & 31: Jetty Clam Jam. Surf Competition postponed from October 23 & 24. Event takes place on Beach at the Wooden Jetty at the Wildlife Preserve in Beach Haven Inlet (Holgate) with check-in beginning at 7am. Surfing continues until dark, when dinner and post-surf activities will take place. Stay up-to-date by checking www.jettylife.com for updates on exact date and details.
Sunday October 31:
1) Chicken or the Egg Halloween Special: Head to the Chicken or the Egg in your Halloween costume and receive a $5 GIFT CARD!
2) Surflight Theatre: Rich Little in “Jimmy Stewart” (A Humorous Look At His Life) show times are 2 pm and 5 pm and tickets are only $39.50 each. Please call the Surflight for tickets or more information at 609-492-9477.
3) Save the Surflight at Buckalew’s Restaurant: 6:30-9:30pm. Enjoy foods from around the world and local favorites as well as live entertainment, silent auction, and a special appearance by Rich Little after his performance in “Jimmy Stewart: a Humorous Look at His Life.” $62/person to celebrate 62 years of Surflight performances. Don’t forget to see Rich Little’s performance in person at the Surflight at 2 and 5pm! Tickets are $39.50 each. Here is a sneak peak at the Menu:
Butlered Appetizers: Scallops wrapped in bacon, Clams Casino, Lamb Chops, Stuffed Mushrooms, Dogs in a blanket
Italian: Tortillini w/pesto sauce, Penne w/vodka sauce, Pasta w/marinara
Seafood: Oysters on the ½ shell, Clams on the ½ shell, Shrimp cocktail, Crab claws
Asian: Dumplings, Springrolls
German: Brauts, Knockwurst, Potato pancakes, German Potato Salad
Carving: Filet mignon roast w/au jus & rolls & fried onions
Desserts: Will be provided by Crust & Crumb Bakery, Coffee will be with Desserts
Other Specials at Buckalews include:
§ There will be both a Chinese Auction (Gift Baskets with items from local restaurants/stores/attractions) and a Silent Auction (Yankees Autographed Baseballs, Exclusive Bottles of Wine).
§ All of the artwork in Buckalews, over 200 fine art photographs of LBI, will be for sale and the artist, David Robert Gurtcheff has generously offered to donate 50% of sales to Surflight.
§ The Breeze will have a table with their prize wheel set-up and will be giving away prizes.
All of this plus LIVE Entertainment for only $62/person!
(Celebrating 62 seasons of Surflight!)
Tickets to both of these events can be purchased through our Box Office at 609-492-9477. Call today!